terms and conditions
Glossary of Terms
Hirer – person(s) responsible for booking/paying for a vehicle and/or persons travelling in a vehicle on the day of the said event. The Hirer accepts responsibility for every person in their party.
Land-Marque Events – the owner, or representative of the owner, of the vehicle booked.
Quotation – the form submitted to the potential Hirer outlining the itinerary and services offered, and the price of the services.
The Contract and Terms and Conditions
- Land-Marque Events advises the Hirer to read the Terms & Condition as specified on the Quotation and Land-marqueevents.co.uk; facebook.com/Land Rover wedding websites. The Quotation will be valid for 3 weeks from offer to the Hirer. Payment of a deposit will be taken as acknowledgement that the Hirer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- The quotation will form part of the contract between the Hirer and Land-Marque Events as the quotation will detail the type and extent of services to the individual.
- There shall be no contract between the Hirer and Land-Marque Events until the deposit or full payment has been received. Land-Marque Events will confirm the booking in writing to the Hirer.
- If the Hirer elects to book without viewing the selected vehicle, Land-Marque Events accept no responsibility to the Hirer if the vehicle hired is not as anticipated by the Hirer.
- Land-Marque Events reserve the right to amend their Terms & Conditions without notice.
- In case of one or more of the provisions within the Terms & conditions being illegal, or invalid in any respect, this will not invalidate the remaining provisions.
Booking and Payment
Please note that for the period of the COVID pandemic all reservations will be deposit free with full payment falling due 60 days prior to the event.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £150 per vehicle must be paid to secure a booking, which will be deducted from the balance due. If booking less than 60 days before the Hire Date, full payment must be made to secure a booking.
- Full payment must be made at least 60 days prior to the Hire Date.
- Land-Marque Events will invoice the Hirer for the balance on receipt of the booking deposit. If the balance is not received by 60 days before the Hire Date, the contract will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- Any changes to the agreed contract which are made between booking and the Hire Date may be subject to extra charges. Such charges must be paid ahead of the Hire Date. Additional charges may be applicable should the original itinerary be changed on the Hire Day.
- The Hirer must inform Land-Marque Events of any cancellation in writing as soon as possible. The full hire cost will be charged if the cancellation is made less than 60 days before the Hire Date.
- If a cancellation is made 60 days or more prior to the time date, the £150 booking fee is forfeited.
- Responsibility cannot be accepted for adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date.
- Liability is not accepted for non-availability of the selected Land Rover due to breakdown, traffic congestion, accident, adverse weather conditions, or acts by other persons or organisations which may impact adversely on the Hire Date. A full refund will be given but we will not be liable for any further losses, missed connections and/or functions however caused. In all instances Land-Marque Events will make every effort to provide an alternative vehicle and if not to the standard previously agreed an appropriate partial refund will be made to the Hirer.
- In the event of any internal or external damage being caused to the vehicle by the Hirer or any of the Hirer’s guests or party, the Hirer will be liable for the full cost of repair. Land-Marque Events reserve the right to terminate a contract without being liable to the Hirer if it is in their chauffeur’s judgment that the Hirer or any passenger is disorderly or unfit to travel.
- Smoking, use of controlled substances, eating or consumption of alcohol will not be permitted.
- Land-Marque Events accept no responsibility or liability for loss or damage, including stains, cigarette burns or fabric damage, to the Hirers property, luggage or personal effects, however caused.
- Due to the legal requirement for safe transportation of children under the age of 12, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to notify Land-Marque Events if children under the age of 12 are to be passengers within the vehicle. In most cases we would ask for the parents of the child to supply a child seat which would be fitted to our vehicle. Most Land Rover Defenders do not come with factory ISOFix fittings and any seat supplied by the Hirer would therefore be attached using seat belt harnessing. Unless Land-Marque Events receive such notification via the standard booking form entry covering this point, it will be assumed that all passengers are aged 12 and above.